Monday, January 24, 2011

A Visit to Columbus

My dear friend Katie Gardner moved to Columbus, Ohio last summer.  I was so excited to have a friend so close! (Yes, I consider 4 1/2 hours away close.  It's all relative you know!)  It was high time that I went and visited and she desperatley needed to meet Ava so we packed up the car and took a road trip December 7th-10th.  Heaven forbid I stay home for more than two weeks in a row!  We had a fabulous time catching up and seeing the sights of Grove City, OH.  Such a cute little town! 

Katie and Ava at a little cafe we stopped at for lunch
 After a long day of shopping, Katie's daughter Carolyn-Kate and Ava were all tuckered out.  We just had to take a picture!
 Carolyn-Kate was so great with Ava.  They quickly became best buds.  We went and saw Santa at Carolyn-Kate's school so here they are all decked out in their holiday outfits.
Ava's first picture with Santa
Although this picture has nothing to do with our Ohio adventure, I just had to include it because Ava just looks so darn cute all bundled up! 

4 comments:

RoseAnna said...

How cute! I love the picture of CK and Ava sleeping! How fun. I am so jealous!

the Kates said...

That was a perfect trip! I LOVE these photos. One day I will catch up on things and have similar photos on my blogggggggity blog. I LOVE the bundled up photo of Ava. She is so so so so so cute! I just can't get over it. Joel and I keep talking about what a sweet, perfect baby you have and how much fun we had with you and Drew. We'll make the next 5 hour journey and have a weekend at the DOkos home! Miss you already!

the Kates said...

p.s The only thing that would make it MORE perfect is if RoseAnna was here!!!!!! In a few months..... yeeeha!

Nate and Nicole said...

I love that your dad flew out to hang out. So cute.