Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Snapshots of June

Hello blogging world.  It's me, Aubrey.  Remember me?  Although it may seem that I have forgotten about you, I haven't.  I've just been a slacker and that's all there is to it.  No excuses here.  I have just been putting off this here blog for quite some time and it's time for that to stop.  So watch out, because I'm back!

June was a pretty low-key month around here and as I look back on the pictures that I took, I realized that they are mostly close-up shots of our little Ava girl.  She was 8 months old and was really starting to mobilize and learn new things so she was so fun to take pictures of.  She was getting really good at scooting herself around on her tummy and playing patty-cake and peek-a-boo.  Such fun!  She had her 9 month appointment at the end of the month and everything looked great.  She was 27.5 inches long (60th percentile) 19 lbs. (60th percentile) and her head was 17.75 inches (70th percentile).

In other news, Drew traveled down to St. Petersburg, Florida the first week of June and took one of his board certification exams for Orthotics.  It was a grueling all-day test but he passed with flying colors!  He is now officially a Board Certified Orthotist and is very excited to have initials after his name (Andrew Dokos, C.O. - so official!)  Way to go Drew!
 We bought a swing to hang from a tree in our front yard and Ava LOVES it!
 Swimming at Scarlett Stone's birthday party
 As I mentioned above, Ava got really good at scooting around on her tummy, but mostly in a backwards motion.  She usually ended up stuck under our couch like this and I would have to go and rescue her!
 Ava and her daddy.  She absolutely adores him and loves when he gets down on the floor and plays with her.
 The post-pig-tail look that I love so much!
Don't you just love that grin?

2 comments:

Brittney Richards said...

I do love that grin. She is so cute. I can't believe that she will be a year old this month. Crazy how fast time flies.

the Kates said...

Cute, Cute, CUTE! Love the Dokos family!