Thursday, June 16, 2011

Disneyland Day 3

Our final day at the Happiest Place on Earth was actually spent half at Disneyland and half at Laguna Beach.  What a perfect way to spend a nice sunny day in California!
 "K Mom, I'm ready for a day in the sun!"
 Ava was enthralled by Minnie Mouse
 Jetta was too!
 The inside of Minnie's house was adorable!  A must-see at Disneyland, I would say.  The girls loved how everything was just their size.
 My cute mommy and Ava
 My mom made all of the granddaughters princess dresses.  Ava was Tinkerbell.
 Laurel was Sleeping Beauty (how appropriate for a newborn).
 Lily was Cinderella (and Jetta was Snow White as we've already seen).
 My mom also made Ava this awesome Tinkerbell blanket so the one souvenir we bought was a plush Tinkerbell doll for Ava.
 All the girls had lunch at Ariel's Grotto.  The food was awesome and we got to meet Ariel, Mulan, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White while we ate.  It was such a fun time with the girls!  Thanks mom! (For some reason my mom wouldn't get in the picture with us).
 Lily and our beautiful tower of appetizers. 
 The Barber girls with our desserts.
 Ava was pretty tired so she wasn't too cooperative with pictures, but I wanted to show that she really was there!
 My mom with all of her girls in their dresses.  Thanks mom for making this trip even more magical!
 The family Dokii at the beach.  The sand and water at a beach make life pretty difficult for a one-legged man, but my cute husband knows how much I love it so he comes and does his best to have a good time, and that makes me very happy.  What a good man!
 My beach baby!
 The Barber clan
 My two favorite people
 I could have sat there on that beautiful beach all day.  It was perfection.  
To finish off the day, we drove up the coast and ate at Joe's Crab Shack.  The Barber Family knows how to eat some crab!

The next morning we packed up and Jake drove us to the Long Beach airport (if you can really call it an airport.  It's more of a semi-permanent shelter with some runways) and we flew to Chicago while the rest of the family made the long drive home.  We had an awesome time and really enjoyed spending it with some of our very favorite people.  Can't wait to do it all again!

3 comments:

Daniel Stone said...

Your Disney adventure looks so fun! And I love Miss Ava in her swimsuit... those legs are awesome!

Shelly said...

So fun!!! We did it last summer. Where was that sign? We missed the Pixar characters too, Jeff is a HUGE fan as well. The girls loved the princess ribbon show. Aren't those lines insane?

Ava is adorable on the beach.

Lando & Cami said...

What fun pictures....maybe one day I can talk Landon into going to Disneyland:)