Monday, June 6, 2011

Disneyland Day 1

Ava and I drove to Disneyland with my family on Wednesday, April 27th and Drew flew into LA and met us there that night.  We then spent three magical, wonderful, magnificent, amazing days at Disneyland, the Happiest Place on Earth.  It was perfect.  Not only was Disneyland great, but our whole family was together and we had a blast.  Here are some of the pictures from our first day there.
 Here we go!  Ready for all of the fun Disney can throw at us.
 The Barber family riding the teacups.  Shouldn't this picture be on a Disney advertisement or something?

We went to the Princes Fair with the Barbers and it was perfect!  We got to meet Belle, Tiana and Ariel.
Jetta hugging Belle.  I just love this picture!
 And here I am with my favorite Disney character of all time.  I love Belle.  Some might say I'm obsessed.  Any way that you put it, I was in heaven.  Too bad Ava was out for the count.
 The Dokos fam with Tiana
 And with Ariel
 After meeting the princesses they put on a little show and then danced with everyone afterwards.  Jetta got to dance with Snow White which was perfect because my mom had made the granddaughters princess dresses and Jetta was Snow White. 
 Meeting her twin
 We were able to go inside Rapunzel's "Tower" and meet Rapunzel and Flynn.  It was actually pretty cool (and extra cool that Michelle worked it so that they held our place in line and we could all go eat lunch instead of waiting in the line for 2 hours)! 
 Our sweet little Ava was such a trooper and just slept when she could.  What an angel!
 That evening we went to the water show World of Color.  Here the whole group is waiting for the show to start.  Even though we had to stand in pretty tight quarters for over and hour before it started, it was totally, 100% worth it.  The show was absolutely incredible.  There are hundreds of fountains that shoot literal walls of water high into the air and then scenes from Disney movies were projected onto them.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I actually cried during it, it was just so magical!  
 I mean really, this is projected onto a wall of water!

No comments: