Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

We decided to keep Valentine's Day pretty low-key this year.  Drew decided he wanted to make me a Valentine's dinner on Sunday the 13th and he did a great job.  He made Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup Bowls and they were delicious and he only needed my help stirring the chicken while he did some other stuff.  Way to go Drewski! 
 On Valentine's Day I made roasted chicken, baked sweet potatoes, rolls, roasted asparagus and I even made my very first homemade cheesecake.  It actually turned out pretty tasty if I do say so myself!
 Instead of giving Drew a card this year, I made him an "edible" card out of big conversation hearts.  I took a microplane grater and took off the printed sayings on the candy and then wrote some of the things I love about him with edible ink pens.  (Yes, I am now the proud owner of edible ink pens so if you ever need some you know who to turn to!)
Here is Ava on V-Day.  Please notice the copious amount of drool on her shirt.  If she wears a shirt that doesn't tuck into her pants she pulls up the bottom of it and stuffs it into her mouth and sucks on it.  It drives me crazy!  If I put a bib on her then she just sucks on the bib until it's dripping wet so she ends up getting soaked either way! This girl LOVES to suck on anything, especially her hands.  It's actually quite amazing to see her literally put her entire hand into her mouth.  Yeah, my baby's got mad skills!

I sure am grateful to have spent the "Day of Love" with the two people that I love the very most.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the conversation heart idea. Next year I'm stealing it!

Daniel Stone said...

That hand in the mouth trick is awesome!

Lando & Cami said...

What a great idea. Glad you had a good love day!!